Martin County Economic Development Corporation
The Martin County Economic Development Corporation, an independent 501 ( c) 3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to promote the economic well-being of Martin County, seeks a full-time office manager to support the President in the daily operations of the corporation. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- General office management, such as accounts payable/receivable, purchasing, record keeping, and managing part-time employees and schedules;
- Fiscal management, such as payroll, monthly P&L, and audit preparation;
- Administrative tasks, such as typing, letter preparation, answering the phone, and electronic document creation;
- Interfacing with the public;
- Assisting tenants of the NC Telecenter with facilities issues and needs;
- Assisting conference/meeting attendees of the NC Telecenter with facilities issues and needs;
- Special events coordination;
- Managing scheduling for conferences/meetings at the NC Telecenter; and
- Assisting the MCEDC President with various activities related to grants management and other activities as assigned.
Requirements for the administrative position include:
- Accounting experience is required. Familiarity with nonprofit/government accounting methods preferred;
- QuickBooks proficiency is strongly preferred;
- Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat proficiency is required;
- At least a two year Associates Degree is required, with a four-year Bachelor’s Degree preferred;
- Typing speed of at least 40 wpm;
- Ability to lift 30 pounds;
- Reliable self-transportation;
- Positive, friendly, and pro-active attitude; and
- Enjoyment of helping others no matter what the need may be.
Health insurance, simple IRA match, and life insurance are provided. Typical hours are Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm, with night meetings once or twice per month. Position directly reports to the President, while an 11-member board provides oversight to all staff. Pay is every two weeks. Accrued vacation and sick time. Background check, credit check, and drug screen is required. Please send resume, salary requirements, and letter of interest by August 28, 2019 to email@example.com .